Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Well, unless my brother in law is able to borrow me the money for the other fees that I didn't know about, I won't be able to go to school in August. There is a $20 accuplacer test that I didn't know about, plus the $15 background check fee. If he isn't able to afford it, then I have to wait till January to register. And even then we might not have the money. What is it about me that whenever I make plans and start the process to better myself, financial and emotional shit gets thrown in the way to make it so that it doesn't happen? Like taking 10 years to get me HSED due to money issues. Now I might not be able to go continue my degree due to not having $35. I know that one reason why I want to push the issue for going in August is so that I can get financial aide. Looking at the costs, my pell grant will cover most of the cost of the class tuition. Which means just a small portion of the loans would cover the books and lab fees. Which would leave me about $1000 to help with living expenses till January. But it is more than what we have now. I also believe that once I get back into school, finding work will be easier. Employers will be more willing to hire me cause I am proving that I can do something other than just sitting on my butt. I will have to check to see if there is any other monetary assistance that I should be able to get with going to school. Plus maybe I would be eligible for some scholarship and such. Who knows. I guess I just have to wait to see what Mute says. Not much else going on. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have good news.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment