Sunday, May 26, 2013

I know that my reading all these romance novels aren't helping any, but it makes me wonder.... are there real relationship, both traditional and nontraditional, that are like the ones you read about? Obviously, I know the ones that are set in fantasy worlds don't, at least not in this realm. And depending on who you talk to would depend on if the supernatural ones could be real... I believe they could be, since I DO believe in the possibility of shifters and vampires. But I mean the ones that are set in modern day settings, i.e. New York, Texas, Montana, Wyoming.... place that even if the towns are made up the environment is not. But are there actual people, in my mind mostly men, that actually care for their mates as they do in these stories. I know in my little part of the world they don't. I like to think that there are men out there that care for their partners, no matter what form or how many, as they do in the books. I guess, I just hope that my daughter(s) don't end up in relationship like the one I have. I am pretty sure the older ones won't as they are raised by others so they know that not all men are like the one here. But my youngest... I worry that she will end up like me. In a relationship with a man that is insecure enough with himself that he doesn't want his woman to succeed. I hope that she goes off to college and finds the man or men that will show her that there is more to a relationship than what she sees here. It also make me wish that my mates were real so that I could get her out of this type of environment. But, until I have the means to do things on my own it won't happen.

Well, I am tired so...

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment