Thursday, May 17, 2012

Well, I finally got a response. I won't be going after the certifications. They aren't financial aide optional. I am trying to decide if I should go after a BIT (Biomedical Information Technician) degree, or just try to continue with my Business Administration. So, after some discussion with an admissions counselor, I will be making some phone calls tomorrow. Need to check with some medical facilities about their caregiver background checks. I have three misdemeanor counts of child neglect back in 1996. I figure if only one of the three main hospitals/clinic in the are would be okay with hiring my for administration work even though I have the neglect convictions, then I will pursue the BIT. I did check, Montana doesn't seem to have a caregiver background check unless you are going to work at a nursing home facility. The reason I need to check with the local places is for the clinical that is required to graduate. If they won't allow me to even do the clinical, then I can't get my degree. So I will be calling the three big facilities in the area: Ministry Health Care, Riverview Hospital, and Aspirus. I figure if even just one of these three are lenient then I have a chance. My convictions are from 15 years ago and are all misdemeanors, and the counselor said that the businesses would take that into consideration. Sadly, I have to work fast, as there is also an Orientation that is required, and doing some quick skimming of stuff, it is a few months before classes start. So.... I need to get this done before the end of the month.

Well, that will be it for the night

Later


No comments:

Post a Comment